Welcome

Welcome to the Manningtree Benefice

This is the website for the mission and ministry of Manningtree Benefice: St. Mary & St. Michael' Church, Mistley with Manningtree and St. Lawrence's Church, Bradfield, including service, group and event information, contact details, media, and information about Mistley Church Hall (Mistley Institute).

We're working towards making this our main website, so please forgive any slight maintenance issues we might have in the next few weeks. If you can't access the information that you need, or you can't find it, do contact the Church Office on info@manningtreebenefice.co.uk or 01206 392200.


Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Pages

Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Be mine!

Did you enjoy Valentines Day? 
Are you now grumbling that it isn't a real holiday? 
Are you wondering where on earth I got heart sequins from?

We had the Wedding Workshop this last Saturday. All the couples who will be getting married this year were invited along to learn more about marriage, meet the Weddings Team, meet each other and eat cake. I know. I was given the last piece. And two heart sequins. This is what you get if you turn up just as they're packing away. Anyway. It was a great day, had by all. Hopefully we'll put up some more information about weddings here on the website soon. In the mean time, if you're interested in getting married but have no idea where to start, email the church office (info@manningtreebenefice.co.uk) and we'll get you on the right track.


This morning, the Lent Course started. Session One was really good, and if you missed it, we're doing it again on Thursday! Come along on Tuesday mornings, 10.00am-12.00pm or Thursday evenings, 7.30pm-9.30pm, both at St. Lawrence, Bradfield (although next week's Thursday session will be moving, so keep an eye out!)

Despite the fact that everyone (and I do mean everyone) is ill, Spring is springing and being excessively cheerful about it. These bad boys were completely open this morning in the sunshine. How lovely.

A certain Buggy Clubber gave this to a certain ill Buggy Club leader, and made her day.

So in the interest of doing some St. Val's research, I typed 'love' into my music player on the computer. I don't know if it was more revealing of human emotion or just my strange taste in music, but I found some of my all time favourites on the list. In between I Will Always Love YouBurning Love, Somebody to Love and the Sesame Street classic I Love Trash (no, really), I also unearthed this little beauty. Aside from the fact that I think that the original AND the B-sides edition are both excellent, Josh Garrels felt led to make them both free for a period to download (the B-sides are, I think, still free), which I think speaks a little more about what, if anything, valentines day is about, rather than chocolate.

This is one of my favourites. And yes, I know it doesn't have the word 'love' in the title. The album is called 'Love & War & The Sea Inbetween'. It counts. They are all, however, really interesting, so check it out and keep looking and searching and doing your Lenten thing.

I hope you have a good week!

Mary
Church Office